Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rainy Season.

From Monday, June 18:


It's rainy season here in Kenya, which means each afternoon usually holds a shower or two.  It also means lots of mud.  Red, thick mud.  Everywhere.
  

The mud is often worth the trade though, as the rain brings sweet relief from the hot sun.  I've asked many what this place looks like in dry season, and their response is always that it is just more brown, nowhere near as lush.  So, while my feet seem to be forever mud red, I am thankful for the rain and the fruit it brings.  I'm thankful that it is the Lord that sends rain and causes new life to grow.  He is doing for the children at Mattaw just what He is doing for the 
grass here.  He is giving them new life, making them strong, fruitful. 

Playing, rain or shine!
Joshua

Don't even think about tracking those through the house.

I'm thankful for the very small part the Lord has allowed me in sowing His field here.  God laid the foundation long ago, and has used the Huffmans in a mighty way to continue building upon it.  I'm ever-grateful for how the experience of coming alongside them for a short time has changed me, stirring in me the compelling love of Jesus and a greater desire to see all the nations praise Him.  I am reminded that my life is not my own; it is not about me.  It is the Lord who will have his way.  He calls his believers to be obedient in serving him, but it is He who determines the outcome of all.  May it ever be so.  I pray for the Lord's presence to remain close to me, my family, friends, and those here at Mattaw—that we will remain faithful, walking in His ways so that His glory will reign like the rain, if you will, over all the Earth.

This is my prayer for the children here now and for those to come. Like sweet Peter, a six year old, orphaned street boy rescued today by Kim and Bud.  He has been sleeping on the streets near any available security guard in town.  I pray God's love and mercy will shower the life of this child.     

A friend wrote this scripture to me in a letter recently.  Paul's words seem very fitting.

   “I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.  So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.  He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor.  For we are God's fellow workers.  You are God's field, God's building.”
1 Corinthians 3:6-9

Hiding out under the ledge.

Franco catching raindrops.

No comments:

Post a Comment