Friday, June 8, 2012

The first few days.

Well, I made it to Kenya!

I arrived and spent my first two nights in Nairobi with Kimberly and another friend of hers, Taryn.  Nairobi is huge.  I enjoyed the chance to learn from the two of them about life in Kenya as missionaries and to meet a few new friends.  

We got the chance to visit Maureen, who is no stranger to Servant/Student Life.  She and I have lots of mutual friends from her time in America.  Maureen is a beautiful picture of what it means to be the hands and feet of Jesus so that others may be redeemed and healed.  She works with new moms and their babies, so we had the chance to see her house and rock and play with some sweet kiddos.

Maureen and I after dinner.  I am the ultimate Mzungu in this picture.

We enjoyed dinner with Maureen and a couple other girls.  From watching those around me here, I am learning much about what it means to give your life for the sake of service to others and to fight with love and truth.  Plus, I'm having a LOT of fun!

"Give justice to the weak and the fatherless;
maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.
Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked."
Psalm 82:3-4      

No comments:

Post a Comment