Saturday, June 9, 2012

In Kitale.

I arrived in Kitale a couple days ago.  This city is beautiful and has a much different pace from Nairobi.  I've enjoyed getting to know the Huffman family more, as well as many of their friends here.  They're all awesome and have such servant hearts.  I'm staying at a girl's home with two college students here for the summer, Keela and Anna.  They love tie-dye, are wonderful cooks, and love on children exceptionally well.  I'm encouraged by their boldness and deep desire to be obedient to the call of the Lord.  They spent last summer here as well, so they've been great in helping me settle in and graciously oblige all my questions.  So far we've shared nights of card games, movies, pizza and dance parties, and playing with precious children.  In addition, they helped untangle me when trying to set up my mosquito net, and bravely face the rats that welcomed themselves into our house while I squeal in the corner.  Needless to say, I'm really thankful I get to be here with them.
Doesn't get much cooler than this, folks.
Anna making sure the coast is clear.
Kitale has been a great adventure so far.  I'm soaking up lots of new with each day.  Riding in the Land Rover provides a huge thrill over Kitale roads.  I have a healthy respect for the Rover.

Riding through Kitale.
A new shade of red now coats all my clothing and feet.  It's rainy season, so mud is everywhere.  But, it also means that Kitale lands are covered in a lush green.  It's absolutely beautiful.  Plus, it makes for a great football (soccer) field.  Cue Elisha, Kim and Bud's four year old son.  He is an absolute joy.  He and I bonded over soccer and volleyball in the yard.    

Elisha
So, lots of great stuff happening.  The teams from the states will arrive soon, and I'm looking forward to having more time to be with teachers and students at the school at Mattaw.  Thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment