Monday, June 25, 2012

A Mattaw Update, From the U.S.

I've been home for two days now, and while it has been a joy to be back with my family, I am missing those in Kitale terribly.  When I'm up at night from the jet lag, I pull up pictures from my trip to look, pray, and remember well so that I don't forget.

Today I read Kim's latest update on her blog.  I sat on my bathroom floor to read the update and just wept over the news of Esnas's death.  I never met her personally, but was burdened along with Anna, Keela, Kim, and many others to pray for her healing and love her well.  I was confident, like many others, that God would heal her.  Like Kim states in her latest post, we all know He has the power to do so.  However, He did not.  At least not in our world.  I can rejoice with Kim and those in Kitale that attended her funeral because she is healed and with Jesus now.  She is not experiencing pain or sickness.  She is experiencing the glory of our Savior and basking in His love eternal.  I can rejoice because where the sting of sin and death exists, the Hope of the Gospel can triumph and heal.

Thank you for your prayers for Esnas.  Continue to pray for the many, many others like her.  Continue to pray for the Huffmans as they bring the ministry of healing to those hurting and broken in their community.  Continue to pray that we might know that same power of the Gospel for those hurting and broken here in American communities, and that the love of Jesus may spread everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment